September 13, 2009

Plastic Router Pieces




   Today I milled out some plastic pieces that are to replace the current MDF router clamps. The plastic I think is HDPE and is 1/2" thick. My passes were .12" deep for a total depth of .6" to make sure I cut though all of the way. The parts turned out very nice. Better than I expected. This is the first time trying to machine plastic on the CNC and surprisingly the router cut through the stuff very well, better than MDF. The video is sped up so its not too boring. My feed rate was 10 ipm; I wasn't quite sure how it was going to cut. These settings were conservative. Next time I now know I can bump up the speed.



1 comment:

  1. Very Cool Travis! I enjoyed watching the video and the parts came out great! nice job!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog